Terms of Service
1. Terms of Service Level
1.1. Service Level
- The Customer, upon entering into a contract with the Contractor, selects the desirable Service Level (hereafter, SL).
- The SL Fee is established as part of the overall subscription fee of the Customer System, which is calculated as a sum total of the HansaWorld licence fee and subscription fee of the Contractor’s solutions (hereafter referred to as the Subscription Fee).
- The Contractor is entitled to revise the SL Fee once a month according to modifications of the configuration of the Customer’s HansaWorld licences, or configuration of the Contractor’s solutions.
The Service Level prescribes the following rights and obligations to the Customer:
- Right to obtain the SL Discount from the Service Invoice for the period expressed as part of the SL Fee during the period.
- Right to obtain free performance evaluation of the use of the System, if such is prescribed for SL.
- Right to request the Contractor’s response to requests placed under procedure set out in the present terms, within the Response Time prescribed for SL.
- Right to contact the Contractor’s representatives on the phone during the working hours of the Support prescribed for SL.
- Right to receive services for the reduced service fee established in the service pricelist.
- Obligation to make payment of the relevant SL Fee expressed as part of the current HansaWorld Subscription Fee for the Customer.
The Contractor offers the following Service Levels:
Amount of SL fee
Amount of SL Discount
Working hours of the support
Weekdays 9:00 - 17:00
Weekdays 9:00 - 17:00
Weekdays 8:00 - 18:00
All days 8:00 - 20:00
2 working days or 16 working hours
1 working day or 8 working hours
4 working hours
2 working hours
Free performance assessment of the system
- The working day conforms to the calendar of working days set out in the law of the Republic of Latvia.
1.2. Response Time
- The response time depends on the working hours of SL Support.
- The response time is recorded only when the responsible person of the JIRA Issue is one of the Contractor’s representatives.
- Recording of the response time shall be resumed every time when the Customer assigns it to the Contractor.
- During estimation of the issue’s evaluation and solution thereof, as well as during the time when the claimed prepayment is not received, recording of the response time is suspended.
1.3. Description of Services
- For the purpose of the present terms the consultation service shall mean consulting about the software, its adaptation, system development and other issues at the Customer’s discretion.
2. Terms of applying for Consultation Service, establishing Scope and Solution
2.1. Customer’s Representatives
- The Services are provided on the basis of the Customer’s request (hereafter, the Issue), which is placed in the issue tracking system (hereafter, JIRA).
- The call can be placed by any representative of the Customer.
- The Customer is obliged to procure as low a number of the Customer’s representatives as possible, to the extent possible, so to reduce likelihood of repeated provision of the services.
- The Customer is obliged to appoint one or more responsible representatives of the Customer who would have the authority to make a decision on necessity of the Issue, suitability of the proposed solution, approval of the solution, and budget for the services.
- The responsible representatives of the Customer are registered with the JIRA Issues prescribed therefore (type Project Manager, status Active).
- The Customer is entitled to revoke the current responsible representatives of the Customer (status Closed).
- The Customer is obliged to monitor the status of the Customer’s responsible representatives with JIRA and rights to represent the Customer.
2.2. Creation of the Issue
- The Issue can be created in the following forms:
- The Customer’s representative who is already a JIRA user shall establish the JIRA Issue in the Customer Account website services.burti.lv;
- The Customer’s representative sends an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, which automatically creates the JIRA Issue;
- The Customer’s representative places a call by phone or orally. In such case the Contractor creates the JIRA Issue on behalf of the Customer’s representative.
- For the Contractor to approve the Issue, at least the following parameters of the Issue need to be known:
- First name and surname of the Customer’s representative
- Customer’s name
- Title of HansaWorld or the Contractor’s product
- Undertaking of the Issue in case the Customer uses HansaWorld at different undertakings
- Comprehensible description of the Issue
- In case this information is not specified, the Contractor reserves the right not to approve the Issue for performance. It will be delivered to the Customer or the Customer’s representative, who has placed the Issue for the purpose to update the necessary information.
- If the Customer’s representative does not have JIRA user, it will be created automatically or manually by notifying thereof to the specified email of the Customer’s representative.
- A unique identifier is allocated to the Issue, which is used upon administration of the Issue’s updates, status, responsible persons, priorities, and other parameters, as well as for the purpose to assess working hours, records and payments.
- The Issue shall be deemed created, if it has the status Waiting for support or Open, and it is assigned to the Contractor’s representative.
- The obligation of the Customer’s responsible representative is to frequently perform tracking of the Issues placed by the Customer’s representatives in JIRA, and in case of questions or claims immediately discuss it with the Contractor.
2.3. Estimate of the Timeline for Solution of the Issue
- The Issues where the estimated time necessary for solution does not exceed minimum time-keeping Interval shall be solved without additional coordination with the Customer. The Interval is set at 30 minutes.
- The Issues where the estimated time necessary for solution exceeds the set Interval are sent to the Customer’s responsible representative along with assessment of the estimated time (hereafter, the Estimate) and proposed Performance Time for approval, using the issue tracking system JIRA (status Estimated).
- The Estimate shall not be deemed a fixed assessment of the scope of work, and may change in the course of work due to objective reasons.
- In case such deviation exceeds 10% of the Estimate approved by the Customer, the Contractor’s representative shall promptly inform the Customer.
2.4. Approval of the Estimate
- The Customer’s responsible representative is obliged to approve the Estimate and the Performance Timeline within 14 days (status Estimate Accepted) or decline (status Closed, solution Won’t fix).
- If within 10 days as of submission of the Estimate the Estimate is not approved, an automated reminder is sent to the Customer thereon in JIRA.
- If the Estimate is not approved by the set deadline, it is automatically declined (status Closed, solution Won’t fix) with a possibility to reopen (status Open, assigned to the Contractor).
- If the Customer approves the Estimate (status Estimate Accepted), then the work on the Issue is commenced within Performance Timeline or the timeline set out for the Customer’s Service Level.
- If the Customer has objections to the planned Performance Timeline, then, upon agreement between the Parties an understanding is reached about time acceptable to the Parties. If no understanding is reached, the Issue is closed (status Closed, solution Won’t fix).
2.5. Solution and Delivery of the Issue
- In case of additional questions that have arisen during the course of performance of the Issue (status In Progress or Waiting for support) the performance can be suspended (the person in charge is replaced by the Customer’s representative), while the necessary additional information is received (the person in charge is replaced by the Contractor’s representative). In such case it may have impact on the Performance Timeline of the Issue.
- If the Issue is related to changes in the code, it shall be transferred to the programmer after preparation of the modifications (status Ready for code review), who verifies conformity of the code to the quality guidelines (status Code review).
- After performance of the Issue the solution is delivered for internal quality control (status Ready for testing) and testing is carried out in the Contractor’s or Customer’s system (status Testing).
- If the code or solution does not conform to requirements, it is returned for elimination of identified deficiencies (status Reopened).
- In case of performance of the Issue it is delivered to the Customer’s representative for verification (status User acceptance).
- As of delivery of the Issue’s solution the Contractor places it on the test server, if such is available to the Contractor, or delivers otherwise, for example, in a form of instructions and/or source code.
2.6. Acceptance of the Issue
- The Customer’s task is to verify the solutions of the Issue within 5 days, and in case of satisfactory result accept it (status Ready for Deploy).
- If during the course of verification questions arise how it operates or about details of the solution, the Customer shall return the Issue to the Contractor with specific queries.
- If specific deficiencies are discovered in the course of verification, the Customer shall record the deficiencies along with all required information in a form of screenshot, video recording, data samples, and reopens the Issue (status Reopened) by delivering it to the Contractor.
- If no specific objections are expressed or questions raised within the set timeline the Issue is automatically deemed accepted (status Auto Accepted).
2.7. Deployment of the Issues in the Production Environment of the System
- The accepted and automatically accepted Issues which are to be deployed in the System’s Operational Environment shall be respectively flagged by the Customer’s representative (moved to status Ready to deploy) and assigned to the Contractor.
- The Contractor shall from time to time deploy one or more solutions of the Issues flagged by the Customer in JIRA into the System’s Production Environment (status Deployed) and assign thereof to the Customer’s representative.
- The Customer’s representative, having ascertained correctness of deployment of the solution of the Issue, closes them (status Closed) within 30 days as of deployment in the Operational Environment.
- If no specific objections are expressed or questions raised within the set timeline the Issue is automatically deemed accepted and closed (status Closed).
- If specific deficiencies are discovered in the course of verification, the Customer shall record the deficiencies along with all required information in a form of screenshot, video recording, data samples, and reopens the Issue (status Reopened) by assigning it to the Contractor
2.8. Payment Procedure
- The Contractor issues the Service Invoice in the beginning of the month for the works accepted in the previous month.
- The Contractor may issue the Service Invoice at another time as well, if the Parties agree thereon.
- The Contractor may issue an advance invoice for 50% or less pro rata share of the overall Estimate of the Issue. In such case the work is not commenced until payment of the Advance Invoice. After identifying the due date of the Advance Payment the Customer may have new Performance Timeline of the Issue offered.
- If the Service Invoice includes the Issues for which the Advance Invoice is paid up, all or part of the advance payment will be deducted from the amount of the Service Invoice.
- If the Service Invoice has residual amount payable, and the Customer’s Service Level prescribes the SL Discount on the Services, then it will be applied to the residual amount of the Service Invoice.
- The amount of the SL Discount in cash is calculated as the pro rata share of the SL Discount granted for the Service Level from the SL Fee paid for the period.
- The SL Discount may be applied to several Service Invoices until the overall amount of the SL Discount for the specific period is used up.
- The SL Discounts do not accrue, and shall not be postponed to subsequent periods.
3. Terms of HansaWorld Cloud Services
3.1. Scope of Cloud Service
- For the purpose of the present terms, the Cloud Services include hosting of HansaWorld server on a shared or dedicated virtual server, provision of monitoring and backup copies.
- The Contractor and the Customer agree on the relevant volume or capacity of Cloud Services necessary for the needs of the Customer’s HansaWorld system (hereafter, the System).
- According to the arrangement of the Parties the Customer’s System can be hosted either in dedicated or shared resource.
- In case of shared resource the performance of the Customer’s System can be affected by activities of other Systems using this resource.
- If necessary, the Contractor may change (shift from the shared resource to dedicated one, or increase the capacity of dedicated resource) the type of the hosting resource of the System.
- The Customer’s responsible representative, upon creating the relevant JIRA Issue, may ask to change the type or scope of System hosting resource. Changes are made after approval of the Contractor is obtained for such changes and upon agreement of the Parties.
- The Contractor undertakes to procure operation of the resources necessary for operation of the System and connection to the Internet.
- Before calling in about problems with access to the Cloud Service the Customer’s representative is obliged to ascertain sufficient connection to the Internet.
3.2. Provision of Cloud Services
- The Contractor shall connect the Cloud Service selected by the Customer after payment of the invoice for the first period of services.
- The Contractor is entitled to disconnect access to the Cloud Service, if the Customer delays payment of the invoice for more than 10 days.
- If, in case of disconnection of the Access, the Customer makes the payment in full within 5 days, the Contractor resumes operation without additional charge within 2 working days.
- If the payment is not made within 5 days as of the time of disconnection of the Access, the Contractor has the right to disconnect the Cloud Service without guarantees as to preservation of the hosted data of the Customer.
- If after performance of the obligations the Customer wishes to resume the Cloud Service, the Contractor carries out it for additional connection fee within 5 working days after payment of the service and connection fees.
3.3. Monitoring Operation of the System
- The Contractor performs monitoring of various parameters of operation of the System (such as processor or memory load, availability of memory space, etc.) at its own discretion.
- In case of problems or as preventive measure the Contractor shall, on its own or, if necessary, obtaining prior approval of the Customer, perform necessary activities to normalize operation of the System.
- To the extent possible, the Contractor tries to handle the System resources so not to interfere with the Customer’s work.
- In case of stoppage of the System or its hosting resource, the Contractor undertakes to prioritize performance of measures necessary for resumption of operation of the System.
- Other Issues related to hosting shall be performed in line with the effective Service Level.
3.4. Backup Copies
- The Contractor shall monitor making of backup copies in a technically compartmented storage; however, shall not verify their completeness and content.
- The Contractor, to the extent possible, shall provide the Customer with access to copies of texts from the database of last 30 days, upon a relevant request of the Customer’s responsible representative.